Over the years of teaching adults in classes on various topics, one thing I’ve learned is that all adults seem to love having an excuse to do arts and crafts, especially coloring. Because normally grownups deny themselves simple pleasures like coloring in a coloring book.
Some think it’s childish. Others think they have no talent. So most would not do it on their own. But you put some paper and crayons in their hands, and they have a wonderful, relaxing time. Everyone knows how to use a coloring book and crayons. There are smiles all around.
So here are five reasons every adult needs a coloring book:
1. Chilling out. Filling in the pictures is a sort of meditative exercise. Serious people get involved in choosing just the right colors and forget their other worries. It’s like being a child again.
2. Stess-free pass-time. There’s no wrong way to color. Everyone gets it right. Free souls have fun choosing outrageous colors. It’s all good.
3. Cheap therapy. An adult can have hours of mindless pleasure while destressing. It’s complete freedom with no one to judge. Want to color outside the lines? Go for it!
4. Portability. You can take a coloring book and crayons anywhere, even a business trip. And no one has to know.
5. Playing with color combinations is useful. Want to know what colors look good together in clothes, furnishings, and decor? Play with colors. it’s a great way to try combinations you would never have the courage to put together “in real life”. You may be surprised at what you come up with.
Coloring books can also be educational. You can color drawings of flowers, birds, animals, insects, historical figures, flags, cities of the world… There is an endless variety of topics you can learn more about by coloring detailed pictures.
Having fun is simply good for you. Fun causes your body to release endorphins, which are nature’s tranquilizers. it’s like eating chocolate—without the calories.
Of course, you can also eat chocolate while coloring. You could even have wine or cocktails while coloring with friends. Why not? It’s just for fun. And relaxation is good for your health.
You don’t even have to buy an actual coloring book. You can print pages to color online for free—even cartoon favorites from movies like Alladin and Alice in Wonderland or Mickey Mouse characters. For example, here’s goofy to print.
Have fun! Remember, it’s good for you.
This fun message was brought to you by our friends at coloringarcade.com.